At LKNA13 in Chicago this year I listened to @JoshuaKerievsky talk about #techsafety.
He made me think about quite a few aspects of safety and injuries for a programmer. Here’s a few quotes and elements:
- safety on team (ref own dev competence)
- «working with CVS is hurting my soul.»
- safe from uncertain work situation
- safe to deploy – bugs, crash
- safe from pressure – politics, policies
- Emotional Injuries: Schedule Stress, Lost Respect, Fear of Failure, Torn Trust, etc
What’s interesting is his claim that having #techsafety as a primary value would be profitable and produce outstanding results. I think I buy into that, even if he hasn’t had time to prove it yet with his own company, @IndustrialLogic.
A few twitter notes from the session.
Edit: Joshua have written on #techsafety himself: