The Pomodoro Technique is a timeboxing method where you can use a timer to help you focus on only one thing for a short period of time, typically 25 minutes.
You can also do this onscreen and online. A simple, interesting experiment is the Tomato Timer.
- Google Chrome – timer “platform”
- Chrome extension: Frame two pages – to keep both goal and timer visible
- NowDoThis.com – very simple todo-list, letting you see one goal at a time
- Online Stopwatch or Tomato Timer as “the tomato”
- Open NowDoThis in a tab in Chrome
- Open Online Stopwatch or Tomato Timer in a new tab
- click the Frame two pages extension button
- set the next to-do item to focus on
- set the timer